My friend Geoff, AKA The Goose, just posted this on the Club Mud forums.
Here are the words passed down from above. I give you the 10 Commandments of cycling:
1. Pray as you cycle, but not with your hands together and your eyes closed.
2. Thou shall not run red lights, except when there is no one else around; it shall be as the tree falling silently in the forest.
3. When a motorist cuts you off, offer up the sign of the cross. One finger pointed towards Heaven will not suffice.
4. Thou shalt wave to thy fellow cyclist. If he should ignore you, offer your blessing, and not “F--- you, moron.”
5. If three consecutive cyclists ignore your wave, you are exempt from the forth commandment.
6. If passed while climbing a steep hill by a Fred with a 30 inch granny gear, resist the urge to wish that his chain will jump over his plastic dork disc and rip every spoke from his rear wheel.
7. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s ass, nor his/her six-pack abs, or any other part of his/her body.
8. Before the sun sets on the Sabbath, thou shalt shave your legs.
9. The meek shall inherit the earth. Blingy equipment that is lighter than an anorexic butterfly, will not substitute for miles in your legs.
10. Thou shalt not lie. Thou shalt not go on Internet forums under a pseudonym and boast how you blew all your friends away on an 8,000-foot climb, when the biggest hill in your area is a bridge over the freeway.