Sport Beans are made by the same company that creates Jelly Belly jelly beans. Sport Beans contain a blend of carbohydrates, electrolytes and vitamins and are used by endurance athletes during their intense training routines and races.
Sport Beans are available in the following flavors:
- Fruit punch
- Lemon lime
- Extreme cherry
- Extreme watermelon
- Assorted mix
The extreme cherry and watermelon flavors contain 50 mg of caffeine. Sport Beans come in 1 ounce resealable packages, which are small enough to fit in your bike bag or the back pocket of your cycling jersey. Sport Beans are available at local cycling, running and multi-sport stores.
Besides sponsoring a pro/elite triathlon team, the National Triathlon Training Camp, there is also a Club Team that amateur/age group athletes can apply to join.
Here's information on the Club Team from their website:If you’re an age-group competitor interested in maximizing your triathlon training and racing experience, you’ve come to the right place! Make your training and racing more fun and rewarding in 2009 by joining Team Sport Beans/NTTC, the hottest team on the circuit! The fee is only $48 for a whole year of great triathlon benefits!
Club Team Benefits Include:
- Official Team Sport Beans/NTTC T-shirt.
- An official Team Sport Beans/NTTC swim cap, water bottle, and cycling cap from Champion System.
- Twelve 1-ounce bags of Sport Beans® from the Jelly Belly Candy Company.
- A Jelly Belly® visor.
- A subscription to the Team Sport Beans/NTTC Newsletter.
- Your name and hometown listed on our Club Team Roster page of the team web site.
- Your race results and photos listed on our Club Team Results page.
- 15% OFF all purchases from our online NTTC Sportshop.
- Discounts on attending NTTC camps, clinics, and tours.
- Discounts on purchases of Rudy Project helmets and sunglasses, Blueseventy wetsuits and swimskins, and Flex-Power Performance Sports Cream.
- 20% off the purchase of Valdora bikes and components.
The club team benefits are worth a whole lot more than the $48 registration fee. I'd like to hear from anyone that is a member of the NTTC Club Team.
Lynn Smythe AKA the Bike Diva