It is imperative for kids who are just trying to learn how to ride a bike go for a bike that is safe, low to the ground and is not heavy to the point that a child cannot lift it by themselves. That being said a balance bike is the best choice. This kind of bike is also known as run bikes. This will serve as the training ground for your kid to start learning how to bike. There are lots of skills that a child should learn right before they reach the point when they already know how to properly bike. Your kid should learn how to balance themselves and the discipline that they need to prevent accidents. This kind of bike does not have any pedals, training wheels or cranks set along with the chain, but it looks like a normal bike. It is also built specifically to train children to balance and that is it.
Not all balance bikes are the same. Some of the brands decided that a break was not necessary and would just distract a child from the main task. Other brands like PV glider bikes have decided that a brake would be a perfect addition. Balance bikes for kids are very useful, because they serve a definite purpose of balance training through a easy to learn process of pushing and gliding. Everyone who experienced riding a bike knows that the hardest part of learning is how to balance when riding the bike. For a child it can be very frustrating to pedal while they are trying to balance. This is why balance bikes ship without any pedals. This balance bike is there to help small kids learn balancing the easiest way possible. The following are five of the best metal balance bikes on the market today.
- Strider Prebike running balance bikes - this is the best choice for toddlers and younger kids because it has a low to the ground frame which is designed for children age 1 to 5. Although it is small, it is sturdy enough to even handle a 10 year old teenager who also wants to learn how to ride a bike. This is one of the reasons why most parents choose strider compare to other brands in the market. It is also very light with its 6.9 pound weight profile. You will surely appreciate the usefulness of this bike for your younger kids.
- Boot Scoot balance bikes - it is very important for parents to choose a balance bike with a adjustable seat. There are some brands that require you to need to use a special kind of tool just to adjust the seat. The solution is for you to locate a balance bike with a quick release adjust feature. As you might have guessed the Boot Scoot brand has this feature as a standard feature on all of their bikes. You can easily raise and lower the seat if you want. On the other hand for the strider bike, you need to add $10 for the quick adjust feature of the bike.
- PV Glider Balance Bikes- this bike is made from metal allow that cannot easily rust even if your kid left the bike outside during a rainy season. This is a low maintenance bike.
- Hobby balance bikes- this is perfect balance bike for children ages 2 to 5 years old. The bike also grows as your child grows.
- Toot Scoot balance bikes- this is made from high grade tubing with normal, but wider wheels. This bike will help your kid to easily and quickly learn how to balance.
Balance bikes are very useful if you want your child to easily learn how to ride a bike without any danger. Want to learn more about balance bikes? Follow Balance Bike Trainer on Facebook.