I need to put another triathlon on my 2011 race schedule like I need another hole in my head. But I was going through my goodie bag that I received at last weekends Race for the Arts 5k, and found a postcard for the Miami 25-75 triathlon. The race takes place at Miami Marine Stadium in Key Biscayne, Florida.
About the Event
Created and organized by the founders of the Miami International Triathlon, 25.75 Triathlon holds the same high standards of quality and organization for the ultimate triathlon racing experience. With the City of Miami Marine Stadium as the starting point, beautiful swim, bike & run courses, the race shows off some of the most amazing views this city can provide.
25.75 Triathlon Race Details
- Swim .75k = .46 mile
- Bike 20k = 12.4 miles
- Run 5k = 3.1 miles
The swim course: A closed bay with nothing except ocean blue waters and the sound of your strokes.
The bike course: known very well by locals, the “Key Biscayne Loop” features a perfect 12.4 mile course when starting at the City of Miami Marine Stadium. Featuring beautiful views of the Downtown Miami Skyline, as well as Key Biscayne & Virginia Key beaches and parks, this course is smooth and flat in the majority of its extension – but don’t think for a second it will be an easy ride: the William Powell bridge will separate real athletes from the rest, as it adds almost one mile of “hill climbing” biking and stands a total of 76 feet tall at its highest point from the water level.
The run course: a 3.1 mile stretch course shaded by pine trees and natural vegetation where all you see are trees and the sky blue shoreline. No cars, no streets, no traffic lights. As one of Miami’s best kept secrets, this running course along the bay has been just repaved.
- Race Date: December 4th, 2011
- Start Time: 7:00 am
- Field Limit: 1,000
- Distances: .75K (.46 mile) + 20K (12.4 miles) + 5K (3.1 miles)
- Time Limit: 3 hours
City of Miami's Marine Stadium
3501 Rickenbacker Cswy.
Miami, FL 33149
- Individual Entry: $85 early registration (Jan 12th - October 31st) / $105 from September 1st - November 30th
- Relay Team Entry: $115 early registration (Jan 12th - October 31st) / $135 from September 1st - November 30th
- Registration Link: Register here
- Website: 2575tri.com
- Register for the race on Active.com: www.active.com/triathlon/miami-fl/triathlon-2011
- Benefiting charity: $5 per entry fee will be donated to La Ventana De Los Cielos, The Windows of the Heavens: www.laventanadeloscielos.org/english/inicio.html
Lynn Smythe, AKA the Bike Diva